Adult Day Services
Boardman Cottage welcomes elders each day to participate in a personalized program of care. We offer a comfortable, safe space with meals, activities, medication administration, supervision, and companionship. This program is available to any elder living on Islesboro who wishes to spend a day with others, share a meal, and participate in activities. Through this program, a family member can go to the mainland for the day knowing that a loved one is in a safe environment.
The rate for adult day service is $20.00 per hour. There is an application and assessment process involved and a setup fee of $25.00. Adult day amenities are available for evenings and weekends, upon request. Contact Maura Michael to see if this program will meet your needs.
Island Neighbors Home Care (IN Home Care) is pleased to offer assistance to families caring for loved ones at home. Our services include:
• Housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, pet care
• Transportation to services and social events
• Shopping and errands
• Medication reminders
• Transportation, escort to appointments
• Rise and shine
• Overnight care
• Arrangements for medical equipment loan or rental
• Use of Boardman Cottage facilities for hairdressing, showering, etc.
• Hospice support
We will also deliver delicious prepared meals for anyone needing a break from cooking now and then.
All caregivers are experienced in caring for elders and dedicated to high standards, quality care and personal attention. Many have earned other certifications and have received first aid and CPR training. We do our best to match a qualified caregiver to your individual needs, and we provide open communications to family members on and off the island. Scheduling, timekeeping and compensation are the responsibility of the program administrator unless caregivers are independent contractors.
Independent contractors are paid directly by clients at a predetermined rate. IN Home Care will coordinate scheduling and coverage, but we are not responsible for compensation. Clients are responsible for providing contract help with end-of-year tax information.
|Annual renewal of services||$150.00|
|Monthly administrative charge||$50.00|
|Home visits||$40.00 per hour|
|Meals – home client care||$8.00|
|Meals – delivery (meals only)||$2.00|
|Support 24 hours/7 days||$840.00 per day|
|Use of Boardman Cottage facilities||$20.00 per hour|
Scheduling is on a first come, first served basis. Non-emergency cancellations given without notice of at least 12 hours will be subject to the daily charge.
Please contact Maura Michael at 207-734-2100 with questions or concerns.
Boardman Cottage Transportation Services
Boardman Cottage is pleased to offer transportation to islanders who need help and are unable to drive themselves. A fee of $10 is requested, as well as ferry ticket (when going off island) and $1.50 per mile. We also provide transportation services through our Outreach Program. If the normal fee is a hardship, it may be discussed with Maura Michael.
- Rides are available Monday through Friday 8-4 pm. Rides on weekends and evenings depend on availability of drivers
- You may share a ride with another island resident.
- We request a minimum of a one week notice for planned, non-urgent trips. All rides will depend on availability of drivers. All requests will be met to the best of our ability; as much notice as possible is requested
- A family member or friend may accompany a client. The escort will pay for their own ticket.
- A driver may assist with walker, wheelchair and bags depending on the driver’s ability and comfort level.
- The service area is generally local, but a request for out of state travel may be made.
The most common reasons for transportation are listed below; other requests will be considered on an individual basis
- Medical and dental appointments
- Prescription pickup
- Veterinary appointments for pets
- Shopping on and off island
- Church on island
- Social events on island